Without survivor to play for, I just couldn’t get motivated to do a full preview and picks post. Plus I’m still devastated over losing last week thanks to Green Bay’s failure. After the come back! And winning the toss! Oy, Packers. You killed me. And everybody else for that matter. One guy picked Arizona. He won. The survivor pool is, to quote Iron Chef, “o-vah!”
1. I apologize to the Cardinals and Cardinals’ fans for not picking them last week. I say this not just because it knocked me out of the survivor pool, but because I should have picked them based on the fact that I went to a game at University of Phoenix Stadium this season. And it was an awesome crowd. And I had so much fun. Just look at this picture!
2. More importantly, I really should have picked the Ravens. If you look at my pre-game preview, I was not sold on the Patriots at all. And I hate them. So I would have aligned my rooting and gambling interests. Which is always ideal. Oh well.
Divisional Quick Picks
I don’t have time to do a full pro and con breakdown for this weekend’s divisional games, but here are my quick picks:
Saints over Cardinals
- This comes down to home field advantage. Both teams have big-play capability and are in some ways mirror images of one another.
- The Saints are at home, the crowd will be insane, so I’m taking the Saints.
- Also, did you see what Green Bay did to the Arizona defense last week? Yeah, me too.
- I think they miss Boldin more this week than last. Just a hunch.
- Caution: takeaways can disappear. Saints had 26 takeaways this season, 3rd in NFL. The Packers taught us this lesson last week. Just something to keep an eye out for.
- P.S. I would gladly root for either Arizona or New Orleans over both Dallas and Minnesota, but alas, I have to choose.
Ravens over Colts
- I don’t like the Colts’ lying down the last two weeks and the football gods will punish them.
- The Colts have lost their last 3 games coming off the bye week to start the playoffs.
- Ravens have momentum and Ray Rice.
- Flacco is healthier.
- Plus, the Michael Oher factor. Do not underestimate the Michael Oher/Blind Side factor
- Also we know that Indy’s home field advantage no longer exists since they moved to the new dome.
Cowboys over Vikings
- This hurts. A lot. I hate both teams so I would really love to see them both lose. Seeing as that’s not possible, I am picking the Cowboys. They are playing great and I think they will contain Brett Favre.
- On a personal note, I will root for the Vikings because even though I hate He Who Shall Not Be Named, I have a lot of friends in the land of 10,000 lakes, and they love their Vikings. So Go Vikings!
- But I’m picking the Cowboys. Sorry.
- I need to shower I feel so dirty.
Upset special: Jets over Chargers
- Yes, the Chargers are hot. Yes, the Chargers are at home. Yes, the Chargers are everybody’s favorite to go to the Super Bowl.
- But I’m sticking with the recipe of great defense and great rushing. The Jets have both. The Chargers do not. Period. End of story. I said last week that great rushing and defense wins playoff games on the road. I’ll say it again.
- And if it rains, that benefits the Jets.
- Plus, Revis shuts down Jackson. I am worried about Antonio Gates.
- I expect to lose this one, but might as well go with my heart.
- I do like the Jets to cover even if they don’t win outright.
Enjoy the games and see you next week for the Conference Championships!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )