Welcome back! It’s time for Part II of my epic 24 Season 8 premiere live blog. In case you missed Part I from last night (which covered 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm), you can check it out right here.
When we last left off, we had tallied a total body count of nine through the first two hours (nine in the first hour, zero in the second).
Here’s our cast of characters so far: In addition to “I’ve got a plane to catch” Jack Bauer, Chloe O’Brian and President A. Taylor (the A stands for Awesome), we met:
- CTU Agent Fembot (Dana Walsh) who has a secret trailer trash past and is engaged to…
- CTU Agent Freddie Prinze Jr.
- NYC Director Hastings (I don’t have a nickname for him yet) UPDATE: WE HAVE A NICKNAME: CTU Chief Bubba Hunch
- A new presidential chief of staff who may or may not be trustworthy (no nickname yet)
- Arlo the incompetent or idiotic CTU analyst (who may or may not be a mole)
- Level 1 Bad Guy (aka Horace Goodspeed and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog) who appears to be leading a conspiracy to assassinate…
- President Omar Hassan of generic Islamic nation (aka Slumdog Millionaire Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Host), in town to sign a landmark peace treaty
- President Slumdog Millionaire has been interviewed by and appears to be having dirty western thoughts about the journalist Meredith Reed (aka Jessica Stein)
- Jessica Stein may or may not be just a decoy in the plot to assassinate President Slumdog Millionaire or actually involved.
So here we go with my live diary/would-be Tale of the Tweets for Part Two of the premiere of Day Eight of 24. Let’s get to the ass-kicking and body count, shall we?