25 Random Things About Me (not that you wanted or needed to know)
I’m moving some of my Facebook notes over to the blog, since Facebook, is, well, so Facebook-y.
This was a great Facebook meme earlier this year. I wrote my 25 things on February 10, 2009.
Here goes, in no particular order:
1. My full name is Amanda Elaine Rykoff. Each of my names has 6 letters. Other “6-6-6” compatriots include Ronald Wilson Reagan and Dwight Eugene Gooden. [UPDATE: And the newest addition is my adorable nephew Samuel Harris Rykoff, born October 16, 2009]. And no, I am not the devil.
2. I was born with blonde hair and blue eyes. And had those blue eyes until I was almost two years old. Really.
3. I suffer from crippling TiVo stress.
4. In 1993, I had a letter to the editor published in Sports Illustrated about SportsCenter (and my obsession with it). 15 years later, I started working at ESPN.
5. Though I am not particularly observant, I have three friends who are Rabbis.
6. A boy in kindergarten expressed his crush by naming his new puppy after me.
7. I could listen to “Laid” by James over and over and over and never, ever get tired of it.
8. In July 2001, I made it to the “hot seat” on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, and crapped out on the $32k question. Let’s just say that I’ll never forget when the president used to take office.
9. When listening to music on my iPod on the subway or bus, I can’t help but tap my feet (and usually lip-synch). Sorry.
10. “Supposably” does NOT mean the same thing as “Supposedly”.
11. If I ever meet Manny Nosowsky in person, I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.
12. I’m allergic to just about everything. Especially bee stings. And [shivers] cockroaches.
13. I was the fastest typist in my high school typing class. Yeah, that’s right, I’m so old we took typing in high school.
14. Man do I love french fries.
15. My favorite pen of all time is the Uniball Vision Elite with blue/black ink. Trust me. And yes, I’m aware that having a favorite pen makes me an uber-dork. Thanks.
16. I once flew across the Atlantic for a second date.
17. I hated Caddyshack. There, I said it.
18. While attending a Penn-Temple game at the old Spectrum, I talked my way into tickets to the 1993 Final Four by impressing a perfect stranger with my basketball knowledge.
19. My father and I were actually born in the same hospital in Los Angeles. 34 years apart.
20. I will never forget the look on my grandmother’s face when I came out on stage in a full nun’s habit, complete with a huge cross, as the Reverend Mother in the Sound of Music during my senior year of high school.
21. I had my last cup of coffee on the second day of the New York bar exam in 2000. I’m “naturally caffeinated”.
22. I am a sucker for a good handbag with lots of compartments. And a key fob. Ah, the key fob.
23. I have freakishly fat thumbs. When asked, I used to tell kids that they were run over by a steamroller. And they believed me.
24. Really bad concerts for which I have paid good money in my lifetime include A-ha and Huey Lewis and the News.
25. It may sound cliche, but Facebook Twitter social media has literally (yes, literally) changed my life.